JOB TITLE: Learner Support Coordinator
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Head of Learning
PLACE OF WORK: Remote, with occasional visits to Lewes, East Sussex
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES: Support our learners to achieve learning goals and undertake administration around learner assignments and deadlines
HOURS: 16 hours per week to be agreed and to meet the needs of the Organisation
STARTING SALARY: £28,500 pro rata based on experience
About LWDW Training
LWDW Training Ltd, is a not-for-profit operating under the brand name Living Well Dying Well (LWDW). Its aim is to bring change to societies’ attitude to, and experience of, death and dying. The organisation offers education, awareness raising, training and end of life support. LWDW aims to improve the quality of life for everyone, whatever age, nationality or background, and to promote a society that is better prepared and supported to meet death when it arrives. We take an integrated approach in meeting physical, psychological, social, spiritual and cultural needs of people at the end of life and their families. We are actively involved in inspiring compassionate communities.
About the role
We are seeking a Learner Support Coordinator to assist our learners in achieving their individual learning objectives and goals. You will have the opportunity to work alongside our experienced training team and Head of Learning to enhance the learning experience of each learner, keeping the learner at the heart of everything you do. You will be committed to LWDW’s value to deliver inclusive training and will be encouraged to find reasonable solutions to overcome potential barriers to learning.
Remote working with occasional trips into the office when required
Flexible working pattern
Company health care package
Main duties & responsibilities
- Provide advice and guidance to learners to support them to complete their assignments.
- To be the main point of contact for all learner queries in regard to achieving their learning objectives.
- Communicating with assessors to advise of new submissions and additional queries.
- Releasing feedback to learners in a timely manner.
- Keeping a record of learner deadlines and ensuring deadlines are met and managed within LWDW policies.
- Pro-actively contacting learners at different stages of their learning to assess their needs and intentions for future progression.
- Liaising with Head of Learning to monitor progress and needs of learners.
- To promote equality and inclusion.
- Liaising with specific learners to establish and manage a learner agreement.
- Administering alternative assessment procedures for assignments.
- Maintaining communication with the Internal Quality Assurer to support IQA practices and processes.
- Assessing learner suitability and communicating any additional requirements to relevant parties.
- Administration duties to ensure learner records are kept up to date and relevant.
- Attendance of team meetings and learner review meetings.
You will need to be able to demonstration the ability to create and promote a work environment which supports openness, inclusion, transparency and integrity throughout the organisation; where teamwork is encouraged, innovation is stimulated and where every individual’s potential is maximised.
- Experience in Training, Education and/or Adult Education sector.
- To be familiar with Foundation and Diploma Course work
- Good organisational skills with the ability to self-manage.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Experience in developing and monitoring individual learner agreements.
- To have been awarded with a Progression Statement from LWDW Training.
- Has the ability to be self-reflective and have a personal commitment to human and/or spiritual values and on-going personal development.
- Experience with working with individuals with SEN
- To share the values of Living Well Dying Well.