JOB TITLE: Office Assistant and Administrator
PLACE OF WORK: Part Lewes, East Sussex, part remote
RESPONSIBLE TO: Course Coordinator
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES: Support the Course Coordinator with office and course administration
HOURS: 12-16 hours per week to be agreed and to meet the needs of the Organisation.
HOURLY RATE: £13.50 per hour (or £7.00 per hour if offered as an apprenticeship)
LWDW Training Ltd, is a not for profit operating under the brand name Living Well Dying Well (LWDW). It’s aim is to bring change to societies’ attitude to and experience of, death and dying. The organisation offers education, awareness raising, training and end of life support. LWDW aims to improve the quality of life for everyone, whatever age, nationality or background, and to promote a society that is better prepared and supported to meet death when it arrives. We take an integrated approach in meeting physical, psychological, social, spiritual and cultural needs of people at the end of life and their families. We are actively involved in inspiring compassionate communities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an Office Assistant and Administrator to bring cohesion and assistance to an experienced multi-disciplined team. You will have the opportunity to work in the company of the Company Director, the Head of Learning and the Head of Operations and Finance, providing support to the organisation as a whole. The role benefits from flexibility, with the opportunity for partial remote working. Full training will be given, and this role can be offered as part of an apprenticeship.
You will play a pivotal role in an environment of pioneering individuals who are passionate about their subject, committed to make a difference.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Registering learners, maintaining and monitoring records of numbers of attendees, sending out pre-joining and joining information
- Maintaining the contact database for the sending out of Newsletters and other communications
- Maintain the company calendar
- Reviewing the training records so that the status of each person is properly recorded and updated and that this information is accessible and accurate on the database
- Administering the office email account – dealing with routine enquiries and making sure other enquiries are redirected to the relevant person
- Copying, assembly and postage of course materials and folders
- Preparation of admin materials related to each course within the virtual classroom, course pages on SharePoint, website and Arlo database.
- Providing support to trainers to set-up East Sussex training venues
- Responding to routine enquiries by telephone and email
- Ordering stationery, equipment and ensuring office equipment e.g. photocopier is properly maintained
- Taking minutes at weekly team meetings
- Answering the telephone and dealing with routine enquiries or taking messages
- Maintaining the electronic and hard copy filing systems so that they are up to date and kept in good order
- Posting of letters and monitoring of post
- Ensuring the office is kept clean and tidy
- Any other administrative duties which may be required
- Ability to maintain administrative systems and processes
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and telephone manner.
- Ability to work swiftly and efficiently on complex tasks and prioritise the responsibilities detailed above
- Flexibility and willingness to pitch in – a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Warm and open manner in dealing with colleagues and learners
- A willingness to learn
- Previous experience in a training environment
- To share in the values of LWDW
- A UK Driving license
- Partial remote working with trips into the office as required
- Flexible working pattern
- Training opportunities